- The “sick tax” is still with us and not likely to go away in light of a gigantic state deficit.
- The federal government has yet to fix the flawed Medicare physician payment formula, causing insecurity for our colleagues and our patients. Will it be fixed in 2011? I am not holding my breath. . .
- Federal and state health reform legislation has passed, and I have a mixture of hope and concern about how this will affect our ability to care for our patients.
- Greater consolidation is occurring among hospitals and clinics in order to survive economically.
- The Baby Boom generation is nearing retirement age.
- Some of us are beginning to wonder if we will ever retire, and if so, who will take care of our patients?
- I resolve to do better to establish and maintain a personal wellness regimen including sensible diet, exercise, work, play, meditation, prayer and cooperation with my colleagues.
- I resolve to support, affirm or hug a physician daily.
- I resolve to be part of solutions instead of problems.
- I will remember why I entered a serving profession and love those whom I have the privilege to serve.
- I will continue to work with others in the MMA to address the overall wellbeing of my colleagues.
- I will be a positive role model for young people considering medicine, for students and residents.
- I will attend the MMA Day at the Capitol and respectfully educate my legislators who impact our daily lives.
- I resolve to stop making my resolutions public, really, it’s just too much pressure.
|Patricia Lindholm, MD,|
2010-2011 MMA President